Rhythms are Fractions!
Here is one whole measure:
Reading Rhythms on the Buckets
• The only way to read music is to look at the board - not at your bucket, not at me, not at the people around you. If your eyes are not on the board, you are not reading the music.
• Work as a team to get through the rhythms
• Use Ta, Ti, and Ti-ka to sound out the notes
• Follow instructions for which line to play - line numbers are listed on the left
• The first thing you see is the Drum Notation - This tells you which part of the drum to use for each note